Thursday, June 3, 2010

No more slacking

I've fallen short lately. I've been off and on with my workouts for two weeks now and I feel like crap! P90X Round 1 I had my game face on. This time I've allowed life to get in the way.. giving myself excuses. I work full-time, also work part-time and go to school 4.5 hours a day... I'm a mom and a step-mom with a total of 4 kids. The house work never ends around here and most days It's non-stop from 8am until midnight. This includes weekends when my part-time job becomes full-time and my social life is non-existent. I don't care much about the social life part.. the part that gets to me is the lack of rest because there just isn't time for rest. I keep telling myself I'll rest when I'm dead. I realize the long days and hectic schedule is temporary.. and that's what has carried me this far. It was much easier to get through each day when I was actively making my daily exercise a priority. One thing I know for sure is that the LIFE I feel when I do exercise is ten times happier and complete then when I don't exercise. It's a mixture of accomplishment filled with a day full of energy and commitment to tackle whatever comes my way. It's a positive attitude and a better ME. I've decided tonight that it's back to my routine tomorrow, without slack. There is no room in my day for the insanity I feel when I miss or skip my workout. It's just not worth it. I am restarting P90X Round 2 and I'm bringin' it Tony Horton style.

No comments:

Post a Comment